Saturday, June 30, 2007

Canada

We made it to Canada!

Border Guard: What brings you to Canada?
Papercup Mixmaster: We're moving from California to New York
Border Guard: Are you lost?

Dog and Plant both made it through okay. All they seemed to care about were handguns. Thank goodness we're pacifists.

Turns out there is enough open space in Canada to make Wisconsin look crowded. We've been in a cell phone void for days now- although occasionally my phone beeps to tell me I have a mounting pile of messages in my voice mail, I just don't have a strong enough connection to get any of them...

Now I am in the hotel lobby in Sault Ste Marie, since the wifi is too week in our room.
Last night we stayed in a sweet cabin totaly off the grid in Rossport. The proprietor just chuckled when I asked if they had an internet connection in the cabins.
So more details of our journey will have to wait.

Hoping to get to South Baymouth tomorrow to take the ferry
Hopefully they have DSL down there so we can tell the whole story...

No comments: